Whether you're a seasoned pro or it's your first time picking up a camera, there's one fundamental issue that puzzles all photographers: how to attach a camera strap!
How to attach a Camera Strap
- Ensure that your neck strap is facing the correct way, with the exposed top and bottom of the camera strap buckle facing outward.
- Point the camera strap towards the camera and thread the loose end of the strap through the camera's attachment point, typically a metal triangular or flat loop.
- Thread the loose end of the strap through the fastening collar that is attached to the strap.
- Next, push the upper part of the strap through the top part of the buckle to create enough slack for the next step.
- Now comes the tricky part - how to tie a camera strap: Pass the loose end of the strap through the top end of the buckle, entering inside the loop you just created. Then thread the same loose end back down through the outside opening of the buckle at the bottom.
- Repeat steps 1-5 with the other end of your strap.
By following this method to attach your new strap to your camera, you ensure that your camera is securely hung from your neck without any loose dangling ends hanging off the buckle.